‘It’s a real cause for celebration’ – Boston business named one of Tesco’s most sustainable suppliers

A Boston business is celebrating after being honoured as one of Tesco’s most sustainable suppliers.
DCI's home in Marsh Lane, Boston.DCI's home in Marsh Lane, Boston.
DCI's home in Marsh Lane, Boston.

Dynamic Cassette International (DCI), of Marsh Lane, scooped the Sustainability Award for Best Non-Food Supplier at Tesco’s annual supplier conference, held virtually at the end of last month.

The event brings together thousands of Tesco suppliers for an update on the grocery market and the chain’s priorities and culminates with the presentation of awards.

DCI was recognised for working with Tesco to cut the packaging on the supermarket’s own-brand remanufactured inkjet cartridges by 30 per cent. The award also acknowledged the success of DCI’s program for collecting used cartridges and refilling them so they can be used again.

The program operates in 400 stores around the country and due to its success, that figure is set to expand by more than 300.

Shoppers drop-off used cartridges at dedicated recycling points and in return, can choose to receive Clubcard points or make a charity donation.

Only 20 per cent of all cartridges sold worldwide are recycled and remanufactured, the other 80 per cent often end up being incinerated or sent to landfill.

Phil Sneath of DCI said: “Working with Tesco has allowed us to significantly increase the number of cartridges being recycled and make a significant contribution to helping Tesco achieve its ambitious sustainability targets.

“It’s a great recognition of the hard work of everyone at DCI, and a real cause for celebration, especially when all of us could do with a boost during the lockdown.”

Related topics: