Sutton on Sea’s Colonnade plans are revealed!
As reported in last week’s Leader, the design - which accommodates key feedback from previous community consultations - will introduce a range of new uses and attractions to increase footfall for local traders across the year. The proposed features include:
• A ‘bridge’ between the garden level and the promenade level, incorporating a lift as well as stairs, so that it will work for everyone;
• Create a ‘look-out’ or ‘observatory’ to take advantage of the sea view and easily accessed from the gardens;
• Create an interesting and attractive new sea-facing venue (café, bar, restaurant);
• Gallery space for a constantly changing series of exhibitions; something to keep bringing people back to see what’s on;
• Alternative uses for the bowling greens, with suggestions including a covered outdoor performance area;
• Retention of the paddling pool area;
• Installation of replacement beach huts to be built with versatility in mind, both in terms of usage and location/re-location out of season.
Some of the beach huts could be ‘dual purpose’ to allow them to be used as mini-shops for events (such as Christmas Market).
The full plans are due to be published online at www.e-lindsey.gov.uk/colonnade from 6.30pm tonight, once today’s community feedback event has concluded.
What are your thoughts on these proposals? Share your views in the comments below.