Book your chance to have a say on tobacco control services in Nottinghamshire – Mansfield event
Residents, stakeholders and service users are invited to attend the event as part of a wider consultation on a proposed new model for tackling tobacco harm in the County which will aim to see improved tobacco control services introduced with a joint focus on preventing people from starting to smoke, and on helping existing smokers to quit.
Anyone interested in attending can book a place online by visiting www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/tobacco-consultation, by emailing [email protected] or by calling 01623 433047. Further events are also being held in Worksop, Newark and West Bridgford.
The Council is now looking at a new model for addressing tobacco control services that will:
• Prevent people, particularly young people from starting to smoke
• Protect people and communities from tobacco related harm
• Provide universal stop smoking services that deliver provide the best chance of quitting
• Provide targeted stop smoking services where needed for priority groups
Individuals or organisations can respond to the consultation in a number of ways:
• By going online at www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/tobacco-consultation and filling in the online form
• By downloading the form online and returning it in the post to the address provided
• Picking up a copy of the consultation documents in any County Council library.
The consultation on a possible new model for services runs until Tuesday 31st March 2015.