Records dating back to 1821 show the R Bar’s location was originally a public house called the Old Boar’s Head.
It was the Hickman Arms until about 1930 and then a Rechabite Hall until 2006.
The bar has been under new management since late 2010 and in 2011 it was totally refurbished.
A warm, friendly atmosphere can be found inside with a range of real ales available, as well as well known brands.
To find out more about CAMRA in Gainsborough and how to join visit www.gainsboroughcamra.org.uk