Caravan fire at site in Mablethorpe caused by plastic utensil  left in oven

A plastic utensil left in an oven sparked a fire at a caravan in Mablethorpe

Lincs Fire & Rescue were called to a caravan site on Quebec Road at 7.23pm last night after reports of an oven fire within a caravan.

Sign up to our daily LincolnshireWorld Today newsletter

The crew from Mablethorpe used one dry powder extinguisher and small tools to remove oven to open air.

A spokesperson for Lincs Fire and Rescue reported there had been light smoke damage caused by the plastic utensil being left inside the hot oven.