Crews called out to Christmas pudding fire in Louth flat

An overcooked Christmas pudding resulted in two fire crews being called out last night in Louth (Tuesday).

Fire & Rescue News.

A Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said two crews from the town were called to reports of a smell of burning in a flat on Ludgate in Louth at about 9.16pm.

The spokesman said: “Crews found one Christmas pudding severely damaged by fire and a plastic container.”

They said the burning was caused by excessive overheating in a microwave.