Crews called to chimney fires in Sleaford area properties

Sleaford firefighters have been called to two chimney fires in the last couple of days
Watch more of our videos on Shots! 
and live on Freeview channel 276
Visit Shots! now

According to a Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue statement, crews from Sleaford and Billinghay were called out on Saturday to a chimney fire on Grantham Road, Sleaford.

A spokesman said that soot in chimney had caught alight. Crews removed all fuel from a log burner to extinguish the fire.

On Friday a chimney fire was reported at a property on Bloxholm Road, Roxholm shortly after 1.30pm.

Soot had caught fire within chimney. Chimney rods and a stirrup pump were used to extinguish it in this case.

It was said to have been caused by a build up of soot within the chimney breast.