Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner - more bobbies and combatting scams among latest priorities for county
The PCC, Marc Jones, sets out his priorities for policing and community safety in a document called the Police and Crime Plan.
Following his successful re-election in May 2021, Mr Jones is drafting his new plan which will run from 2021 to 2025.
The proposed priorities within the plan have been informed by engagement with the public and partners during his time in office, but he is calling for residents to add their voice through an online survey.
The survey went live yesterday (Monday) and gives the public the opportunity to have their say on the PCC’s suggested priorities for Lincolnshire, comment on his proposals to hold the force to account, and suggest areas of focus that are not already included.
The PCC’s proposed priorities include:
○ Increasing police officer numbers
○ Combatting violence against all genders
○ Giving the public easier and simpler access to the police to report crime
○ Promoting and supporting road safety
○ Addressing rural crime
○ Continuing the fight against scams and fraud in the physical and virtual space including ‘no cold call zones‘
○ Addressing fly tipping and making best use of CCTV by working with local authorities
○ Breaking the cycle of reoffending by working with partners to develop intervention and diversion initiatives.
“This important document, as the title suggests, sets the direction for the next four years. I am keen to ensure that it properly and appropriately reflects the collective will of residents right across the county of Lincolnshire,” said Mr Jones.
“It would be fantastic to think that we could give every issue in our communities a high priority but realistically, with the human and financial resources available, the force often has to make decisions about how and where to focus their attention.
“The Police and Crime Plan sets out to help ensure the public’s view of what is most important is reflected in those decisions. I hope every resident will play their part in this process.”
You are invited to visit https://policeandcrimeplan21to25survey.questionpro.com to fill out the short survey and share your views with the PCC.
Police and Crime Commissioners play a leading role in securing efficient and effective police and criminal justice services, holding Chief Constables to account for delivery and setting the budget and strategic direction of police services.