Louth man fails to attend court after flouting his driving ban

A Louth man drove his car less than two months after he had been banned from driving for six months, a court has heard.

Court news

Matthew Lawrence Richards of Abbey Road failed to attend court at Boston on Tuesday (July 20) to answer the allegation, and the magistrates convicted him in his absence.

Prosecuting, Michael Cole said Richards had been disqualified from driving under the totting up procedure on January 11 this year but less than two months later, on March 3, a police officer saw Richards driving his Ford Mondeo in Abbey Road.

He said Richards admitted to the officer that he had no insurance, but said he did not know he was disqualified.

The magistrates found Richards guilty in his absence, and issued an arrest warrant for him to be brought to court for sentence.