Derbyshire: County Council invest £440,000 in road works over the course of August
The money is part of a £35 million package the County Council will spend on improving the area’s roads in 2014/15.
Counc Dean Collins, Deputy Cabinet Member for Jobs, Economy and Transport said: “Improving roads and pavements in the county is one of our priorities and work that is being carried out this month will help us to achieve this.
“We are always checking which roads need improving to ensure Derbyshire has an efficient transport network which is important to the local economy.”
During August, improvements and repairs will include roads in Chesterfield, the Derbyshire Dales, Erewash and the High Peak, In detail, this includes:
- Newbold Road, Newbold – road resurfacing – £150,000
- Highfield Lane, Newbold – road resurfacing – £90,000
Derbyshire Dales: £85,000
- A632 Chesterfield Road, Matlock – road surface dressing – £85,000
- A609 Nottingham Road, Ilkeston – road resurfacing - £75,000
North East Derbyshire: £40,000
- Holymoor Road, Holymoorside – pavement resurfacing - £40,000
Further road maintenance will be carried out across the county in areas including:
- Arbour Hill, Dale Abbey – road resurfacing
- Mosley Road, Buxton – pavement resurfacing
For more details on where current and future roadworks and closures are, visit www.derbyshire.gov.uk/roadworks.