Jean and Kevin Hart are among 11 families still not back in their homes since the water from the River Steeping swept over the fields forcing them to evacuate in June last year.
As the report commissioned by Lincolnshire County Council was launched on Friday, the Standard revisited the couple to see how the rebuild was going.
Mrs Hart, standing in her shiny new kitchen, said: “It is a very comprehensive and well put together report.
“It does prove to the people of Wainfleet that the flood was due to the Environment Agency not dredging the river enough, among other things.
“I can’t really comment on whether enough is being done to prevent it happening again but there has been a lot of activity on the bank.
“We are now looking forward to getting back into our home. It’s like a newbuild so we have to try and get some memories back in here for us.”
On Sunday the Coronation Hall on Wainfleet High Street was reopened as an information centre as Storm Dennis raised the river levels and the Environment Agency issued Severe Flood Warnings.
As these were removed on Monday, Coun Wendy Bowkett praised everyone involved who ‘helped to keep us dry’ well into the night.
She said; “The Environment Agency have been working in partnership with Lindsey Marsh doing weed cutting, bank cutting, maintenance work around the river which has been greatly received and look forward to it continuing.
“There is a River Steeping Catchment Steering Group that has all the agencies, LCC,ELDC, local councillor and residents, working on a works programme for the Steeping and a continued maintenance plan.
“It is has been a terrible time for Wainfleet and Thorpe since June the stress for the 64 families flooded has been something no one should go through and we can not allow it to happen ever again.”