Fire at property in Alford '˜accidental'

Firefighters from three towns were called to a property in Alford where a fire had started in an airing cupboard.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue. ANL-171114-082754001

Alford, Mablethorpe and Skegness crews attended St Wilfrids Close, Alford, just before 7pm last night.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue tweeted the fire was ‘accidental’ and stated: “Fire damage to electrical cable, smoke damage to airing cupboard and remainder of property.”

The fire was extinguished using breathing apparatus and one hose reel and a fan was used to ventilate the property.