Fire in domestic utility room damages appliances in Ancaster

The contents of a utility room were damaged in a fire at a property in Ancaster this morning (Friday).

Utility room fire in Ancaster damages appliances.
Utility room fire in Ancaster damages appliances.

Crews from Sleaford and Grantham attended the call to the domestic property in the village just before 8am today, according to the fire and rescue service.

A statement said there was fire and smoke damage to a tumble dryer, a boiler and other contents within the utility room.

Firefighters in breathing apparatus used a hose to extinguish it.