Firefighters rush to Skegness home after cooker left unattended

Firefighters rushed to a Skegness home after a cooker was left unattended.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue.

Wholetime and on-call crews from Skegness were called to the property in Lumley Road at 5.27pm yesterday (Monday).17:27hrs Wholetime & On-Call Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue tweeted: "Severe heat damage to one cooking pan and contents.

"Crews removed pan to the open air. Cause was cooking left unattended."

Today Control White Watch reminded residents 'It's Test It Tuesday.

"So don't forget to press to test yours and those of family/friends/neighbours unable to test theirs.

"Smoke alarms should be replaced every 10 years."