House fire in Sleaford area village wrecks kitchen

A property in Osbournby was badly damaged by a fire yesterday afternoon (Saturday).

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue. EMN-210225-144400001

Crews from Sleaford and Donington were called out at 1.10pm to the house in Whichcote Fields in the village to put out the blaze which is said to have severely damaged two propane gas cylinders, three metres of fencing, an electrical box, guttering and a cooker extractor hood.

The kitchen of the property was badly smoke damaged and part of the rest of the home was also affected by smoke.

The heat from the flames also damaged a vehicle parked close by, according to a fire service report.

The flames were hosed down by firefighters in breathing apparatus who also used thermal imaging cameras to detect any remaining burning embers.