Kitchen fire in Carlton house

A KITCHEN fire left a Carlton man needing to go to hospital this afternoon (Friday).

Firefighters from Worksop were called to a house on Beech Grove in Carlton at around 1.15pm.

A fire broke out in the kitchen while the man was cooking, Notts Fire and Rescue Service said.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze, which caused smoke and fire damage to the kitchen.

The man, who was out of the house when fire crews arrived, was taken to hospital suffering with smoke inhalation.