The traditional bank holiday weekend fair was cancelled for the first time in living memory last year for the same reason.
But organisers are determined it will be back this year, even if that means pushing the date back to later in the year.
A Boston Council statement today said the council and the Derby, Notts and Lincs Showman’s Guild had agreed to postpone it until the week around the August Bank Holiday weekend, at least initially.
Cllr Stevens, Portfolio Holder for Environmental Services said: “We are pleased to be able to work with the Showman’s Guild to schedule a new date for the fair as it is such a popular event with people near and far.
“It was definitely missed in the town last year and we look forward to welcoming the fair back to Boston.”
The dates for the event, which sees the streets of the town lined with rides, food stalls, game stalls, slide and lots more, is currently set to be Saturday August 28 until Saturday September 4.
A council spokesperson said: “We urge everyone to continue to follow the current government guidance on Hands, Face, Space messages to give us the best chance to run the fair later in the year.”