Citizens Advice Lindsey is urging people to get in touch online or on the phone.
A team of staff and volunteers are ready to answer questions on everything from housing, debt, unemployment and benefits issues.
Citizens Advice Lindsey quickly adapted its services to make sure it could support people in East and West Lindsey throughout the pandemic.
Jenny Barnett, Chief Officer of Citizens Advice Lindsey, said: “I am proud of how our staff and volunteers quickly adapted to delivering advice remotely.
“Their dedication has meant we’ve been able to continue giving free, confidential, impartial advice at a time when people needed it most.”
Citizens Advice Lindsey is open Mon to Friday, 10am to 4pm. Anyone in need of advice can contact Citizens Advice Lindsey via:
● Adviceline: 0808 278 7904 (9am-5pm Monday-Friday - Freephone)
● Website: citizensadvice.org.uk/lindsey
● Facebook and Twitter
There are also dedicated phone lines:
Consumer Service: 0808 223 1133 Freephone Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
Help To Claim Universal credit support: 0800 144 8 444 Freephone Mon-Fri 8am-
Help clients to get advice with online scams: 0808 250 5050 Freephone Mon-Fri
Polish helpline: 03444 847 6128
● For help with shopping, getting prescriptions, dog walking, or a friendly chat, call 01522 782189
● Confidential Mental Health & Emotional Wellbeing helpline - 0800 001 4331
● National Debtline - 0808 808 4000
● Report rough sleeping or homelessness - 0808 281 0280
● Book a test - www.gov.uk or call 119 between 7am and 11pm