In a Tweet he urged people to, "Act responsibly" and said: "We are asking visitors not to rush to the Lincolnshire Wolds and Coast following the Government's updated travel advice."
Residents have already posted their concerns on social media after reports of more traffic in Skegness and sightings of motor homes and police turning people away from the car parks which are closed. One post said: "It was absolutely ridiculous how many people were walking on the beach.
"I understand the Government is saying you can travel but to most people it's the wrong decision."
Another said: "I keep seeing posts from people who live outside Skegness saying they will do what they want and they are coming down no matter what.
"Maybe they need to think about the vulnerable people who live here and rethink their decision to come here."
Earlier in the week East Lindsey District Council issued a statement following concerns there could be a second spike in coronavirus cases if the area becomes flooded with tourists.
Whether or not the car parks should be opened has also been discussed, with further concerns, if they are kept closed, visitors will park in the streets putting residents at more risk.
However, for now the decision has been made for the car parks to remain shut with a strong message being sent out to ‘stay away’.
Coun Craig Leyland, Leader of East Lindsey District Council, said: “On Sunday the Prime Minister announced a number of changes to the lockdown measures, including the news that, from Wednesday (13 May), people will be able to travel for exercise.
“I know that this will have left many thinking about travelling to our District, in particular the Wolds and Coast.
“Both locations do provide open spaces for exercise but for the time-being we are asking people not to rush to visit the area - car parks are closed and tourism businesses such as caravan parks, hotels, bed and breakfasts, restaurants and attractions are all closed.
“Our priority continues to be limiting the impact that Coronavirus has on our communities and our vulnerable residents and in line with Government guidance we’d encourage people to stay at home as much as possible.
“You can do this by giving us time to help prepare the district to safely receive visitors again.
“We are working on measures, including things like updated car parking information, to ensure that people who visit East Lindsey can do so in the safest manner possible.
“For now we ask that everyone who lives in the District and those who choose to visit continue with social distancing, to act responsibly and to stay safe.”
There has also been particular concern about visitors to Skegness with warm weather expected again at the weekend.
Mayor of Skegness Coun Mark Dannatt said: “Recent government guidelines have changed which suggests that people can go out on day trips to take their excercise.
“I just want to remind everyone that Skegness is still closed and no facilities are available.
“If lots of people come to Skegness you will be less able to maintain social distancing rules and be more likely to spread the virus, put local people at risk and put a strain on the NHS.
“Better times are ahead, but we all need to be patient now.
“So please don’t visit us until it is safe to do so. We will let you know when we are open.”