The auction has been launched by Simon Greenfield who last month completed a marathon in memory of his mum Susan and grandma Joyce, who both lost their battles with cancer last year.
As previously reported in The News, Simon completed his marathon on Sunday, October 25.
Simon’s carefully chosen route started in Horncastle and took him to Louth via some precious family places.
• Horncastle - where his mum Susan’s first job was at Gymflex, and where some members of her family live.
• West Ashby - the village where Susan was born, and where she lived until she married Simon’s dad. It is also where Susan and his grandmother are buried .
• Hemingby - where Simon’s mum and dad had their wedding reception, at the Coach and Horses pub.
• Goulceby - the village where Simon’s mum and dad lived for nearly 40 years .
• Donington on Bain - where some of Susan’s family live, and where she went to the shop regularly .
• Cadwell Park - where Simon’s mum and dad visited most weekends, to share their passion for motorbike racing.
• Louth, where Simon and his family lives, including Susan’s granddaughters who were ‘her world’.
Now, a month has passed and Simon has recently launched an Ebay auction with further money raised going to Cancer Research.
Items include a signed racing helmet worn by former Italian world champion Giacomo Agostini along with items from the likes of Freddie Spencer and Mick Grant - two favourites at Cadwell Park.
To view the auction items and place a bid, visit https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/louthru86 and browse the items that are up for auction.
Simon’s Just Giving page is also still open for any donations and, so far he has raised over £2,200 on there with money still coming in.
Speaking to The News last Friday, Simon said: “ I would like to say thank you to everyone.
“At the minute we have raised £3,800 but have more money to come in.
“I feel good after doing the marathon.
“Now I am in training for next year’s Susan Greenfield ultra marathon, 62 years in miles, which is on Sunday, September 26, 2021.”
• To make a donation, visit https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/simons-giving-page-508