FOOTBALL: Boston Saturday League report round-up

Taylors Garages Premier Division

An open training day will be held for Sleaford Town Junior FC on Saturday, October 22
An open training day will be held for Sleaford Town Junior FC on Saturday, October 22

Skegness Town Reserves still head the table with another impressive display when they sent Pointon back home empty-handed after an 8-2 home win.

Town were in control throughout and the score-line could have been much more damaging to their opponents had they taken all the chances. Kurt Crossley hit a hat-trick while the other goals came from Jordan Potts, Daniel Aston, Charlie Arabin, Dom Murray and Donovan Vickers.

Old Leake were more than satisfied by their hard-earned point at Ruskington Rovers after the home side were in control of affairs throughout.

Ruskington opened the scoring early on with a lightning-fast break from an Old Leake corner which was cleared quickly to the other end and despatched. Leake levelled the scores after 15 minutes when Adam Abell fastened on to a through pass before netting, only for Ruskington to regain the lead a minute later following a mix-up in The Leake defence.

It was 3-1 soon afterwards courtesy of a superb strike into the top corner.

Old Leake gave themselves a glimmer of hope just before the break when Adam Tempest crossed for Scott Mackay to power home a header.

Ruskington restored their two-goal lead soon after the break before Old Leake gradually clawed their way back into the game once more.

First, Adam Abell chased down a long ball and, as Rovers’ defence hesitated, the Leake striker took advantage to net his second goal of the game. And then Adam Tempest spoilt the home side’s day when he levelled the scores at 4-4, following a cross from Kane Watson.

Ruskington’s point was earned with goals from Ashley Farmer (2), Mark Neimeksas and an own goal.

Billinghay Athletic played much better than their 8-0 home defeat at the hands of Spilsby Town suggested.

Taylors Peugeot Division One

Kirton Town entertained Fulbeck United in a another table-topping clash and it was the home side who struck first with a lightning-fast raid after just 30 seconds when winger Daniel Lovelace broke clear to score.

Town were 2-0 up 10 minutes later when Martin Durrant powered home a header and that’s the way it stayed until the second half.

After the break, Fulbeck reduced the deficit only for Town to restore their two-goal cushion with a third following an excellent effort from Marc Neal. Fulbeck did manage to grab a second in the last five minutes but, by then, it was too late. The visitors’ goals came from Paul Crampton and Chris Bates. Final score 3-2.

Taylors Ford Division Two

FC Hammers continue to climb the table following a fine 2-0 away win at Pointon Reserves.

The Hammers opened the scoring through Joe Lote who curled home an unstoppable free-kick into the top corner, while their second clinching goal was a little more fortunate as Liam Ingamells’ mishit shot still managed to squirm underneath the body of the despairing keeper.

Taylors Vauxhall Division Three

Fishtoft Reserves entertained Billinghay Athletic Reserves and both teams struggled to get going during the early exchanges, before the home side eventually opened the scoring midway through the half when they bagged two goals in quick succession.

The first came from Jack Cridland and the second was headed home by Ben Carter from a well worked corner-kick routine. Fishtoft remained in control from thereon and Ian Mitchell fired his side into a 3-0 lead after being teed up by Liam Watson, before Billinghay pulled a goal back just before the break through a free header from a corner.

The second half started in a similar fashion and Billinghay pressed hard to get back into the game but without success, before Carter extended Fishtoft’s lead with his second and Fishtoft’s fourth after he slid in at the back post following a free-kick out on the left wing.

Fishtoft regained control of the game and they were awarded a penalty late on after Jack Cridland was brought down. Carter was given the task to convert and complete his hat-trick which he coolly did to make the final score 5-1.