The two bowls singles match sees each leg played over 10 ends, meaning that the winner and runner-up have to play 40 ends and bowl 80 woods.
The cup was given to Welbeck Abbey Bowls Club by the now defunct Cuckney Bowls Club, who were presented with it at the opening of their green in 1921, by H.A. Longbotham CBE.
Welbeck Abbey would like to hear from anyone who has information on Mr Longbotham or the cup.
Brian Morgan told the Guardian: “Information is a little sketchy about the history of this cup, but a quick search on the internet seems to suggest that Mr Longbotham was the chairman of Longbotham & Sons, coal factors of Sheffield with a registered office in Derby and the company dissolved in 1949.”
Anyone with more information can contact Maureen on 01909 477744.
On 20th June Welbeck played Farnsfield Bowling Club away from home, and will host the return match later in the season.