Sleaford Town Bowls Club clinch five wins in a week
Away at Washingborough in the EBA League, the rinks were shared one won, one drawn and one lost, but the Town shaded the aggregate by one shot, 48-47.
Andrew Morris, David Thomas, David Campbell and Andrew Bird won 19-15, Cecilia Faulkner, Peter Stokes, Ken Irwin and Kris Moore drew 16-all, and John Parker, Mick Faulkner, Richard Barnes and Trevor Cope lost 13-16.
* Playing at home against Washingborough in the ASC Metals League, two rinks won to take the score 43-33 and eight points,
The two winning rinks were David Thomas, Brian Srawley, and David Campbell (18-8), and Linda Morris, Gillian Annison and Gwen Campbell (15-11), while Andrew Morris, Ken Irwin, and Kris Moore went down 10-14.
* Hosting Boultham Park in the City League, only one rink won, but they carried the team to a 55-48 aggregate win, and six points to the visitors’ four.
John Parker, Ken Irwin and Trevor Cope won 23-12, while Robin Wilson, Kris Moore and Richard Barnes lost by one shot, 16-17, and Martin Titley, Julie Cope and Andrew Bird were narrowly beaten 16-19.
* Away at Digby in the Sleaford League, just one winning rink was enough to take the aggregate 66-55 and eight points.
Ken Dye, David Thomas and Bas Gilbert provided it with a 30-11 win, to offset the narrow defeats of Ruth Bird, Brian Srawley and Andrew Bird (16-17), and Robin Wilson, Richard White and Ken Irwin (27—29).
* At St Giles Lincoln in the Driffill Trophy only one rink won, while three lost.
Rink scores: Cecilia Faulkner, Martin Titley, Kris Moore lost 15-19; Robin Wilson, Mick Faulkner, Andrew Bird won 18-17; John Parker, Ken Dye, Richard Barnes lost 11-19; David Thomas, Neil Mapletoft, Trevor Cope lost 7-29.
* Away at Sleaford Bristol in the Woodhall League, two winning rinks gave the Town four points to Bristol’s two.
Ken Dye, Gillian Annison and Mick Faulkner won 31-8, and Robin Wilson, David Thomas and Brian Srawley ran out 27-13 winners, while Cecilia Faulkner, Julie Cope and Richard White lost 14-18.
* In the last match of the week at home to Digby, two rink wins were not enough to secure the aggregate score.
Digby edged it 58-52 to take eight points to Town’s four.
Rink scores: Ken Dye, David Thomas, Bas Gilbert won 26-15; Peter Stokes, Richard White, Ken Irwin won 18-15; Joan Gilbert, Mick Jarrald, Brian Srawley lost 8-28.