Neil Johnon rounds up the latest Boston Saturday League and cup results...

Fishtoft keeper Liam Brooks outjumps Swineshead's Richard Barker.
Fishtoft keeper Liam Brooks outjumps Swineshead's Richard Barker.


Old Leake and Friskney produced a seven-goal thriller before The Premier side squeezed through following a 4-3 home win.

After an evenly contested opening half hour, Old Leake opened the scoring when Ashley Jackson struck his first goal for the club when he fired home a stunning drive from 30 yards out.

Friskney levelled the scores before the break with a deflected shot and they almost snatched the lead early in the second half when, following a goalmouth scramble, they somehow failed to force the ball over the line.

That proved to be a major turning point as Leake edged in front when Adam Tempest released Kane Watson with a superb through ball and the striker calmly stroked the ball home.

Tempest then turned goalscorer when he netted to make it 3-1.

Friskney refused to buckle however, and Greg Brown got his side back into the game at 3-2 before Tempest responded immediately when he scored his second goal of the game.

The plucky Division One side made for an exciting finale when they made it 4-3 with 10 minutes remaining, but Leake held out to make it through to the last four where they will meet Wyberton Reserves in the semi-final.

Fishtoft produced a nightmare second half performance as they eventually fell to a 6-2 home defeat at the hands of Swineshead.

Two goals from Harry Bunce kept Fishtoft in the game at the halfway stage with the scores standing at 2-2 but sadly for the home side they couldn’t maintain their first-half promise and Swineshead stepped up a gear after the break to seal victory.

Matthew Hood scored for the third successive game as Fishtoft Cup holders Benington edged a narrow 1-0 win at Old Doningtonians.

Hood headed home midway through the second half to seal the Premier Division’s side place in the semi-finals.

Chris Wing had earlier come closest to breaking the deadlock for Dons when he rattled a shot against the Benington crossbar.

In the other tie, Wyberton Reserves put Spilsby Town to the sword winning 5-1 at their Causeway Ground.


Billinghay Athletic heaped more misery upon Pointon last Saturday after they inflicted a 6-1 trouncing upon their visitors.

Billinghay’s Kris Coussens did most of the damage with a hat-trick for his side while Montel Savanhu grabbed a brace.

Ant Besford completed the scoring for the home side.

Coningsby and Heckington Millers shared the points following their 2-2 draw.

Heckington stormed out of the blocks from the start and they opened the scoring after just five minutes when a 25-yard free kick from Dom Kew flew into the net.

The Millers failed to make their superiority count after that early boost and the home side came back into the game to equalise shortly before half time.

Coningsby remained on top after the break and they went 2-1 up before Sam Elliott rescued a point for Heckington when he scored from close range to make it 2-2.

Josh Whittam and Dan Field struck the goals for Skegness Town Reserves in their home match against an improving Ruskington Rovers side but it was the visitors who took maximum points following a fine 4-2 away win.


Freiston held Boston College to a 3-3 draw at The Danny Flear Centre with goals coming from Perrie Dale who scored twice and Troy Ayton.

Freiston looked to be heading for defeat with just eight minutes remaining as they found themselves trailing 3-1 but they produced a storming finish to snatch a point.

Leverton played hosts to FC Magnet, and went in 2-0 ahead at the break thanks to goals from Joe Daubney and Nathan Rippin after a very closely-fought first half.

The second period was one-way traffic, with the hosts controlling the game and running in goals from Alex Tilley, Alex Lote and Dom Goddard, plus a thumping second from Rippin, making the final score 6-0.

Fosdyke were rewarded with a hard earned point at home to Swineshead Reserves following a 2-2 draw, although they had to recover from a disastrous start when they fell behind inside the opening minute.

A long ball was fastened onto by their speedy striker and despatched clinically to put Swineshead one goal up.

Thankfully, for Fosdyke, their response was a positive one as they took control of proceedings for the remainder of the first half.

First, Matthew Scott thought he had levelled the scores but his effort was ruled out for offside but he was not to be denied for long as he netted the equaliser shortly afterwards.

The second half remained very combative as both sides searched for victory and Fosdyke were pleased to have James Hawkes and Michael Beauchamp on top of their game in the middle while Ben Lawton was becoming more and more influential.

The home side edged in front when Matt Bates far post header was saved but he managed to get on the end of the ensuing melee to force the ball home.

A staunch rearguard action was then required by the men in Tangerine as they clung on desperately but they couldn’t prevent Swineshead from levelling the scores when their striker produced another clever finish.

Both sides had chances during the tense finale as Fosdyke’s Leon Marsh saw his header palmed away and Gavin Cox went agonisingly close when his shot sailed just over the bar.

At the other end, Swineshead struck the crossbar and keeper, Jack Smith produced an amazing save at the feet of three attackers.

In the end, a draw was probably a fair result and for Fosdyke, their man of the match was Gary O’Connor who was majestic at the heart of the defence.


A Rob Morey hat-trick helped AFC Tetford secure maximum points following a 3-0 home win against Fishtoft Reserves.

Railway Athletic were held to a 1-1 draw at FC Kirton where Josh Brayson grabbed the all-important goal for the home side.

Railway remain unbeaten thanks to Billy Shinn’s strike.


Two goals from Danny Gatenby helped Benington Reserves to a 3-1 home win against Boston Titans.

Chris Lawson grabbed the other Benington goal.

Aidan Doherty also scored twice for Spalding Harriers in their 4-3 home win against Leverton Reserves.

Morgan Taylor and Callum Parry hit the other match-winning goals for the Harriers.

The Harriers started the match brightly but it was Leverton who opened the scoring when Jacob Wright found the top corner from 25 yards out with his weaker foot.

Leverton did squander further chances before The Spalding side made them pay for their failure in front of goal when they equalised before the break.

Spalding started the second half on the front foot and they deservedly took the lead but Leverton roared back with a fine passing move which allowed Grant Huber to slot the ball home and the same player put his side in front after he fastened onto a through ball.

As tempers rose, the Harriers were awarded a penalty which they converted and another strike 10 minutes from time made the final score 4-3.

Old Doningtonians suffered another defeat, this time at Friskney Reserves.

Alex Jacobs capitalised on a under-hit back pass to put Friskney 1-0 in front before Donovan Vickers made it two from a free-kick.

The Dons hit back in the second half when Luke Barnett reduced the arrears and then Brandon Harker levelled the scores.

The match looked like heading for a draw until a late penalty rocked Old Dons as they appealed in vain but Donovan Vickers kept his cool to slot home the penalty and secure a 3-2 victory.

FC Hammers dealt a surprise blow to Wyberton A when they defeated the leaders 3-2 thanks to goals from Aarran Modley, Richard Hardy (pen) and Kristian Taylor.

Steen Bates and Jason Allen replied for Wyberton.

Boston Athletic produced a promising first half display in their home game against Northgate Olympic and they trailed by just a single goal at the interval.

However, the Boston side couldn’t contain their opponents during the second half and they conceded a further seven goals.

The Sleaford side’s goals came from Chris Bradford who hit four, Dan Broughton (two), Ryan Frost and Gareth Tomlinson in an 8-0 away win.