New A46 Dunholme/Welton roundabout to open next month
Subject to weather, the new A46 roundabout is set to fully open by the end of May.
In addition, Horncastle Lane and northbound Lincoln Road will re-open this week (week commencing April 19).
Ahead of the roundabout opening, five nights of road closures will be needed so Eurovia can lay the final layer of road surfacing on the A46 heading between Deepdale Lane Nettleham to Lincoln Road Dunholme.
Night-time road closures will be in place from 7pm to 6am from Tuesday, May 4, for a week on the roads listed below:
• A46 will be closed from Deepdale Lane Nettleham to Lincoln Road Dunholme
Diversion via A46 Nettleham Roundabout / A15 Riseholme Roundabout / A15-A1500 Showground Roundabout / A15-A631 Roundabout (Caenby Corner) / and either the A631 or A1103 back to the A46, and vice versa
• Lincoln Road, Welton will be closed from its junction with Honeyholes Lane to the new roundabout
Diversion via Honeyholes Lane / right onto Ryland Road / right onto Lincoln Road, Dunholme. This then joins the main closure diversion on the A46 to get to Lincoln.
• Horncastle Lane will be closed from the A15 to A46 (with access at A15 end)
Diversion via the A15-A1500 Showground Roundabout / A15 Riseholme Roundabout / A46 Nettleham Roundabout, and vice versa
• Heath Lane to Scothern will remain closed
- Following the night-time closures, the site team will be carrying out final works, including landscaping, installing new signage and building a retaining wall outside the commercial site.
- Please note that the Heath Lane right-turn ban and temporary 24/7 traffic signals on the A46 will remain in place until the end of the project.
The A46 Dunholme / Welton Roundabout project is being part-funded using the £2m allocated to the authority by the Department of Transport (DfT) from tranche 2 of its National Productivity Investment Fund.
The remaining funding is coming from a combination of third party contributions and the county council.